[postgis-users] ArcGIS Mobile slightly off-topic question

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Fri Sep 19 09:24:17 PDT 2008

Regina,
The data I have had to work with on the Arc side has been point data, so I have just pulled the lat/lon field into pg, created a point shape, and done the geo-processing there - and in the reverse case, I have my Arc layers set up to use the lat/lon as their basis for generating points.

That said, I have it in my head that the shape info is stored in these tables in some sort of binary BLOB that is just the representation of the esri shape format, if so, they could be manipulated using the current open source toolbox for handling shapes -- but now I am just speculating (hoping perhaps).

I most definitely would like to be able to use full shapes, not just points, so this is a point of interest for me as well.

Robert W. Burgholzer
Surface Water Modeler
Office of Water Supply and Planning
rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov