[postgis-users] Deleting an arbitrary polygon

Dylan Lorimer edylan at google.com
Wed Sep 24 20:50:54 PDT 2008

Hey PostGIS Friends, here's a problem that's stumping me, hoping you can help:

I have a bunch of polygons, many of which overlap with each other. I
would like to trim down the set of polygons to only those that do not
overlap. I'm not particular about which I delete, so long as they
overlap by a certain %.

Any thoughts on how to do this? I was trying for a self join but can't
figure out how to not to delete all polygons that overlap.

Cheers,
dylan