[postgis-users] Determining file's bit encoding

Nick Paul nrpaul at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:01:38 PDT 2008

Hi Paul,
Thanks for answering my question.  Do you know of anyway to tell which bit
encoding is used on a file.  My data is coming from the middle east and I
don't know if the data is bad, or if I'm specifying the wrong encoding.  For
example, using either LATIN1 and Cp1256 will execute without error, but the
data isn't responding the way I expected so I'm unsure if there is a problem
with the encoding or just the data.

Thank you for your help,

Nick