[postgis-users] Re: Postgis installation issue

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:09:56 PDT 2009

Ah, ok.  I think the error you are getting appears to be because certain
files cannot be found.  Specifically, postgres.h.

There are configure options that you can use to tell the process where
various things are located on your system.  You can see what these options
are by typing
"./configure --help".  You'll get back something that looks like this:

  --with-pgsql[=ARG]      build for a specific pgsql version
                          [ARG=path to pg_config]
  --with-geos[=ARG]       enable spatial predicates and operators using GEOS
                          [ARG=path to geos-config]
  --with-proj[=DIR]       enable reprojection support
  --with-proj-libdir=PATH path to PROJ4 libdir

On my system, I have to build postgis with the following options:

./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
--with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config --with-proj=/usr/local
--with-proj-libdir=/usr/local/lib

I'm not totally sure if that's the problem, but you might try looking for
where the "postgres.h" is located on your system.