[postgis-users] Postgis 1.3.5 installation issue

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 02:00:23 PDT 2009

Ahmed Dassouki wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm installing postgis 1.3.5 on an ubuntu 8.10 box.  i have postgresql
> 8.3 installed. I'm getting an error on the "make" stage following the
> postgis documentation
> http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.3/ch02.html#PGInstall
> step 4
>
> configure output http://pastebin.com/d2ac0a983
> make output http://pastebin.com/m66d27c14
>
> any ideas on what is causing this?
> cheers,
> Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

It looks as if you are missing the postgresql-server-dev package on your
  Ubuntu box.

On my Debian lenny setup here, the libpq-dev package installs a
lobotomised pg_config which doesn't respond to any of the options
required to build server plugins. Installing the above package will
install a new version along with all of the headers required to support
this.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS