[postgis-users] problems with generated points

Daniel Grum daniel.grum at unibw.de
Sun Dec 6 09:43:08 PST 2009

hi,

I have a problem with the points that are generated by postigs functions.

The points where saved in a PostgreSQL table and tshs table is the
source for the feature type of my geoserver WMS.

If I activate the layer in mapbender my comlete WMS can not be shown and
if I deactivate it my WMS works normaly with no problems.

The points and lines i digitize with my WFS-T(geoserver) work fine, but
than when I use the postgis functions,
f.e. calculate the startpoint of a line and save this point to the table:

st_startpoint(ST_LineMerge(line.the_geom)) AS the_geom

The complete SQL is:
    DELETE FROM einheitenstandort WHERE GID > 1;
    INSERT INTO einheitenstandort
    SELECT         nextval('serial') AS GID,
            st_startpoint(ST_LineMerge(line.the_geom)) AS the_geom,
            line.name_der_einheit AS name_der_einheit,
            (SELECT line.art) AS art,
            (SELECT a.geschwindigkeit WHERE line.art = a.art) AS
geschwindigkeit,
            localtimestamp AS zeitpunkt
    FROM    public.einheiten_und_bewegungen line, public.art_der_einheit
a, public.einheitenstandort es
    GROUP BY line.name_der_einheit, line.art, a.geschwindigkeit, a.art,
line.the_geom;

-->I have to use st_linemerge() because line.the_geom are
MULTILINESTRING gemetries.

-->I think the calculated point make the trouble,
Because the digitized points generated no failure!

Thanks for every help,

daniel