[postgis-users] FOSS4G 2009 Videos

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Dec 7 08:00:21 PST 2009

Last message from 2009, the videos of sessions have been linked into
the main website now and are all online, have a look, especially at
the State of PostGIS :)  http://blip.tv/file/2788616/   Sydney was a
grand conference, I hope all you members of the PostGIS family are
working on your travel plans to head to Barcelona for 2010.

---------

Sydney, Australia. 7 December 2009. http://2009.foss4g.org

Presentations, videos and posters from the international conference
for Free and Open Source Software for GeoSpatial are now online. So if
you missed the conference, or couldn't attend all the sessions, you
now have a second chance to participate. In particular, I strongly
recommend viewing Paul Ramsey's thought provoking and entertaining
keynote speech, " Beyond Nerds Bearing Gifts: The Future of the Open
Source Economy", http://2009.foss4g.org/speakers/#Paul_Ramsey .

Almost all presentations, tutorials and workshop material has been
collected, and we have videos of 2/3 of all the presentations.
Presentations, workshops and tutorials and videos are linked from
abstract descriptions at: http://2009.foss4g.org/schedule/ .

* Videos can also be found at: http://blip.tv/search?q=fosslc
* Posters: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Posters
* Ignight Spatial lightening talk videos:
http://www.ignitespatial.com/?page_id=181
* Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/foss4g2009/

About FOSS4G

http://2009.foss4g.org

FOSS4G is an international Free and Open Source Software for
Geospatial conference, which was held in Sydney, Australia, 20-23
October 2009. FOSS4G offered presentations, workshops, demos, an
install-fest, and a code sprint. It was presented by the world's best
Developers, Policy Makers, Sponsors and Geospatial Professionals and
included the latest geospatial applications, standards, government
programs, business processes and case studies. Topics included mobile
platforms, location based applications, crowd sourcing, cloud
computing, development, spatial standards, integration of cross-agency
data, Spatial Data Infrastructures, Sensor Webs, Web Processing
Services, Integration of Open Source and Proprietary Software and
more.

Media Sponsors

Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com