[postgis-users] Trouble after upgrade to 1.4.0

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 8 20:56:53 PST 2009

Peter,

No,but it looks like you are just being bitten by the missing autocast in
the upgrade script which I think we have fixed in 1.4.1

See my comment here
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/223

So short answer -- your problems should be solved if you run the below

CREATE CAST (box3d_extent AS box3d)

WITH FUNCTION st_box3d_extent(box3d_extent) AS IMPLICIT;

There is another problem I ran into I describe which hopefully I'm the only
one in the world affected by this other change.

Thanks,
Regina