[postgis-users] Trouble after upgrade to 1.4.0

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Dec 9 07:26:54 PST 2009

Peter,

There was another missing cast.

Try this one

CREATE CAST (box3d_extent AS geometry)
  WITH FUNCTION st_geometry(box3d_extent)
  AS IMPLICIT;

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Peter N.
Schweitzer
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:56 AM
To: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] Trouble after upgrade to 1.4.0

Paragon Corporation wrote:
> No,but it looks like you are just being bitten by the missing autocast
> in the upgrade script which I think we have fixed in 1.4.1
>
> See my comment here
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/223
>
> So short answer -- your problems should be solved if you run the below
>
> CREATE CAST (box3d_extent AS box3d)
>
> WITH FUNCTION st_box3d_extent(box3d_extent) AS IMPLICIT;
>
> There is another problem I ran into I describe which hopefully I'm the
> only one in the world affected by this other change.

Regina,

Thanks for the pointer.  I could execute that create cast function but that
didn't eliminate the error.  Following a comment in the ticket, I now write
select
ST_Box2d(ST_Transform(ST_SetSRID(ST_Extent(the_geom)::box3d,4267),3395))
from and this works without error.  Is this what you would expect?

Peter
--
Peter N. Schweitzer (MS 954, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA 20192)
(703) 648-6533  FAX: (703) 648-6252  email: pschweitzer at usgs.gov
<http://geology.usgs.gov/peter/>