[postgis-users] Quick way to query table for 'intersects'?

Robert Hicks robhyx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 06:22:06 PST 2009

Hey all, I am trying to find the quickest way to query a table in my
database and grab only the records that have a geom that intersects with
another geom. Basically, the query is going to be triggered by a user
clicking on a map, from there I have a lat and a lon. I post the info to my
server, create a geom from that point, and then I need to grab all the rows
from the table that intersects with that geom. I tried grabbing all of them
and iterating one at a time but that was too time consuming (via JDBC). Is
there a stored procedure for this?

Thanks!

--
web http://www.hyxspace.com