[postgis-users] GIST INDEX!!

César Medina ciesaremedina at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 10:38:28 PST 2009

Dear all
I am trying to do a tunning to my database, and i have many doubt, because i think that is very slow (with 3 o 4 users is slow)
I have 2700 tables aprox. with geometry column in my database,  the street's name, big avenues, regional boundaries, street types,comunal areas, etc.

but the tables don't have a index in the geometry column !!!!!!!

- Is recommended do a "GIST" index for each tables in my database?
- Could be more fast, if that have a gist index?
- What is the benefits ?

kings regards,  thank you...
 and happy new year.

PD: Frecuently i do "vacuum" and "reindex" to my database

César
http://www.linkedin.com/in/cesarmedinam
http://foss4gchile.blogspot.com/
mail: ciesareMedina (at) gmail (dot) com
msn: ciesareMedina (at) hotmail (dot) com
skype: ciesare_medina
CHILE.