[postgis-users] GIST INDEX!!

César Medina ciesaremedina at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:26:17 PST 2009

Hi Chris
when i say "slow", i refer that is no so fast than googleMaps, extreme example.!!!
This is a url with one commune,  http://mapas.observatoriourbano.cl/localizacion/map.phtml?config=7101
In this case, we have 11 layer in database format (Geographic data). if you multiply 11 by 270 comunnes in my country, we have 2970 tables aprox, and when i do a zoom over a area, this show the area, but "slow".

for this, I don't do anything relationated with WHERE clause, i don't use dificult SQL, just show the layer in the mapfile with:
"DATA the_geom from (SELECT the_geom,gid FROM vii_talca_areacomunal) AS pas_pred3 USING UNIQUE gid USING SRID=-1"
as a complement in Hardware, i have two Virtual Machine:1.- Database server, AMD Opteron 64, 2,4 Ghz, 4GB Ram2.- Page server, AMD Opteron 64, 2,4 Ghz, 2GB Ram
in Software, Linux fedora, php pages, apache, postgresql with postgis, mapserver and p.mapper
I don't know what i have to do, to do it  map more fast !!!!
thank very much.!!!!

César
http://www.linkedin.com/in/cesarmedinam
http://foss4gchile.blogspot.com/
mail: ciesareMedina (at) gmail (dot) com
msn: ciesareMedina (at) hotmail (dot) com
skype: ciesare_medina