[postgis-users] Installing postgis from an NSIS installer

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Mon Feb 16 09:48:50 PST 2009

Hi All,

I'm using an NSIS script to bundle our application.  The script calls a
bunch of other installers, namely the PostGIS installer.  Here are the
sections about postgres and postgis :

MessageBox MB_YESNO "Install PostgreSQL 8.3.5?" /SD IDYES IDNO endPG835
    File "..\postgresql\postgresql-8.3-int.msi"
    ExecWait '"msiexec" /i "postgresql-8.3-int.msi" /qr INTERNALLAUNCH=1
SERVICEACCOUNT="postgres" \
      SERVICEPASSWORD="xyz" CREATESERVICEUSER=1 SUPERUSER="postgres"
SUPERPASSWORD="xyz" LISTENPORT=5433 \
      PERMITREMOTE=1 ENCODING=latin1 BASEDIR="$INSTDIR\postgresql"
TRANSFORMS=:lang_fr'
  endPG835:

  MessageBox MB_YESNO "Install PostGIS 1.3.5 for 8.3.5?" /SD IDYES IDNO
endPostGIS
    File "..\postgis\postgis-pg83-setup-1.3.5-1.exe"
    ExecWait "$INSTDIR\postgis-pg83-setup-1.3.5-1.exe /D=$INSTDIR
\postgresql"
  endPostGIS:

PostgreSQL installs fine, but then when I'm launching the PostGIS
installer I get a message saying template_postgis already exists and if
I continue it will override it, but then it fails because the template
is not there.  I can check in pgAdmin that the template isn't there.
Why would the postGIS installer find a template_postgis object that is
not there ?  I tried to find whether the registry keeps some info, but
it seems not to.

Any hints ?

TIA,

Yves Moisan