[postgis-users] Error using PostGIS and GEOM

Giri giriprakash at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:39:35 PST 2009

HI,

I  recently installed the PostGIS to use it with Geoserver, the project that
uses the PostGIS needs the GEOM extension. So I installed the GEOM and
rebuilt the PostGIS, now I am getting the following error:

the PostGIS is running in Linux.

any help will be appreciated!.

The following exception was thrown:

   - class java.io.IOException: An SQL exception occurred: ERROR: could not
   load library "/usr/lib64/pgsql/liblwgeom.so": libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open

Details:

java.io.IOException: An SQL exception occurred: ERROR: could not load
library "/usr/lib64/pgsql/liblwgeom.so": libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open
	at org.geotools.data.postgis.PostgisDataStore.getGeometryAttribute(PostgisDataStore.java:1124)

	at org.geotools.data.postgis.PostgisDataStore.buildAttributeType(PostgisDataStore.java:994)
-----

Thanks!

Giri