[postgis-users] Error using PostGIS and GEOM

Giri giriprakash at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:00:33 PST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your responses, I have tried all your suggestions, and also ended
up re-installing the PostGIS. Using the Geoserver,  I am trying to add a new
Feature type  with the polygon  It now complains about  the following error

   - class org.geotools.data.DataSourceException: Could not count Request
   All Features
   - class org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: function
   extent(geometry) does not exist

org.geotools.data.DataSourceException: Could not count Request All Features
        at
org.geotools.data.postgis.PostgisFeatureStore.bounds(PostgisFeatureStore.java:764)
        at
org.geotools.data.postgis.PostgisFeatureStore.getBounds(PostgisFeatureStore.java:676)
        at
org.geotools.data.postgis.PostgisFeatureStore.getBounds(PostgisFeatureStore.java:653)
        at
org.geoserver.feature.FeatureSourceUtils.getBoundingBoxEnvelope(FeatureSourceUtils.java
Caused by:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: function extent(geometry) does not
exist
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.j

Not sure what is causing this error.

thanks!

Giri