[postgis-users] help : postgis on a mac os x

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Fri Feb 27 17:00:45 PST 2009

Youssef,

On 27/02/2009, at 5:01 AM, postgis-users-
request at postgis.refractions.net wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:03:38 +0000
> From: Youssef BEGHI <josefb at gmail.com>
> Subject: [postgis-users] help : postgis on a mac os x
>
> I'm not quite familiar with the GIS. I try to install postGIS in a
> mac os x
> (leopard) but it doesn't work when I performe the command :
>
> sudo su - postgres -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d [dbname] -f
> /usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql'
>
> with my dbname instead of [dbname]
> I recieve many error lines like these
>
> psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql:6500: ERROR: current
> transaction
> is aborted, commands ignored until end of

There is probably a permissions problem, but it will be in the first
few lines of output... after that every other command will fail, hence
the long output of errors.

So :

1. look back at the start of the error messages.

in the meantime,

2. did you do the createlang step?

3. Does [dbname] exisit?

4. if it is owned by you, just do it as you. (for simplicity)

5. make sure you have read permisssions on the file lwpostgis.sql

6. put /usr/local/pgsql/bin into your PATH, so you can just use

psql -d dbname -f /usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql

cheers

Ben

--

Ben Madin