[postgis-users] Pgrouting directions

Ahmad Bdair bdair2002 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 03:02:28 PST 2009

Thanx Steve, your information were helpful, but when I think of it it
confuses me a lot, lets first start with my fields in DB.
Columns are:
  gid serial NOT NULL,
  rod_name_a character varying(50),
  label character varying(50),
  rod_length integer,
  rod_no integer,
  rod_type character varying(1),
  rod_class character varying(1),
  rod_code character varying(10),
  shape_leng numeric,
  the_geom geometry,
  source integer,
  target integer,
  length double precision,
  x1 double precision,
  y1 double precision,
  x2 double precision,
  y2 double precision,
  to_cost double precision,
  "rule" text,
  cost_factor integer,
  main_cost double precision,
  reverse_cost double precision,
  roadclass text DEFAULT 'OTHER'::text,
  cost_reverse_factor integer DEFAULT 5,

Now, I am confused, because I cannot calculate the heading in the first
place, If I have
B+---\
x2,y2

x1,y1
A+---/

Now I can calculate the heading simply by comparing x1 and y1 to x2 to y2
and which is larger (based on lonlat) so I can judge it, but some times I am
having this:
B+---\
x1,y1

x2,y2
A+---/

Now it is misleading, maybe thats why you told me not to use start and end
point, but wait, what else to use ? According to my DB I cannot think of any
other way to calculate headings and angles.

Regards

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com