R: [postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

P.Rizzi Ag.Mobilità Ambiente paolo.rizzi at ama-mi.it
Wed Jan 7 06:09:29 PST 2009

> > 1) How you use PostGIS?
We use it to store and manage urban streets network and related information.
I'm also experimenting using geometry fields to store and visualize
time related information, like traffic flows, putting time on the X axis
and the corresponding sampled value on the Y axis.
Other offices we are working with, all use Oracle Spatial, so but I wrote
a Java ETL library that let me effectively transfer data from/to
PostGIS and Oracle.
So we can exchenge data with them without the burden of an Oarcle licence.

> > 2) What you find useful about it over anything else?
Price!!!

> > 3) Why you think there should be any book written focused
> on its use and of
> > course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy it?
I probably woudln't by it for myself, but the existence of PostGIS
related books is important to push it's adoption in offices where
only Oracle Spatial (or ESRI) seems to be acceptable.
Sure enough I'd need it to be in Italian...

Bye
Paolo Rizzi