[postgis-users] aggregate functions aren't upgraded by soft upgrade?

Reid Priedhorsky reid at umn.edu
Fri Jan 9 15:42:12 PST 2009

In experimenting today, I discovered that I don't have any of the ST_*
aggregate functions. We originally installed 1.1.6 and later upgraded to
1.3.3.

\da reports the following public aggregates only:

  public     | accum          | geometry                           |
  public     | collect        | geometry                           |
  public     | extent         | geometry                           |
  public     | extent3d       | geometry                           |
  public     | geomunion      | geometry                           |
  public     | makeline       | geometry                           |
  public     | memcollect     | geometry                           |
  public     | memgeomunion   | geometry                           |
  public     | polygonize     | geometry                           |

It seems straightforward to look in lwpostgis.sql and manually run the
appropriate CREATE AGGREGATE statements. Is this the right thing to do?

There's nothing about this in the upgrade instructions.

What do I need to do to ensure that I "really" have 1.3.3 installed?

Thanks,

Reid