[postgis-users] Encoding issue in PostGIS/PostgreSQL

Lê Viết Thanh lethanhx2k at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 07:49:48 PST 2009

Hi folks,i have some things made me quite confusedly  in characters encoding
of postgis/postgresql.
Everything works fine If i use shp2pgsql to dump shapefiles to sql file and
then dump to postgis database in psql command, all characters in shapefile
are displayed correctly in postgis. However, if i use pgAdmin III to load
sql file that exported from shp2pgsql command, the pgAdmin III show up
incorrectly character encoding.
Could anybody clarify this issue for me? I dont understand indeed what
happened

Thanks in advance.
--
Thanh