[postgis-users] Segements and Routing

bdair2002 bdair2002 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 03:49:42 PST 2009

Hello, I am using POSGIS with Pgrouting, I noticed that the  route deals with
segments (either it takes the full segments or ignore it). Lets say I have
segments
A B & C , A and C are connected through B.

And I want to go from A to C, the routing result is A B C which is correct,
now lets say I want to go from half A to C, now the route display A B and C
again.

So My question is, Is it possible to make the route from the exact start
point (Half A, or from the first Quarter of A) to the exact end point? Is
there any function which takes the x1,y1 for segment A and a LonLat on the
same segment and return me the partial geometry of A?

Regards