[postgis-users] PostGIS Solaris 10 compile issue - detecting iconv versions [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 03:01:42 PST 2009

Roppola, Antti - BRS wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Solaris 10 build of PostGIS, but so far I've had to disable
> unicode support (--without-unicode).
>
> The issue seems pretty close to the one described in this mapserver
> ticket, http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1017
>
> That is, my build seems to be finding the Sun library or headers, which
> (according to the Mapserver ticket) do not implement UTF-8.
> It should (I think) be using the GNU libiconv is in /usr/local/, which
> does implement UTF-8. I have "iconv.h" in /usr/include/
> and /usr/local/include/. That or some other sort of confusion between
> the two.
>
> So far I haven't been able to find a configure option that will allow me
> to specifiy use of the correct iconv. Has anyone
> else encountered this and/or have any ideas on how it could be resolved?
>
> Other than that, my non-unicode version seems to be working OK.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antti

Hi Antti,

I had a similar issue working with the new build system in SVN trunk
which was solved by using the standard CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS variable to
correctly set the search path for the compiler and linker.

If you do a "CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
./configure" when building PostGIS, does it get any further? If not,
you'll need to post a copy of the configure output and config.log
somewhere where we can take a look at them.

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland