[postgis-users] buffer(the_geom, 0) crashes the database

Benoît Andrieu bea at ixsea.com
Tue Jan 20 03:00:25 PST 2009

Hi all,

I agree with the fact that the file is a bit too large... ^^

I have seen one thing :
there is a missing ) and a missing ; at the end of the query :

66.6869435)))',0) should be 66.6869435)))'),0);

But with the corrected query, postgre is crashing making an abortion of the windows service  !!!! You can see the detailed error
below my message.

So I don't know...

Sorry !

Regards,

Benoît Andrieu
bea at ixsea.com
benoit.andrieu at gmail.com

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Assertion failed!

Program: C:\PostgreSQL\bin\postgres.exe
File: ../../source/headers/geos/noding/SegmentString.h
Line: 175

Expression: pts->size() > 1

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort   Retry   Ignore