[postgis-users] help optimize distance calculation

Sky shlyon+postgis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:40:08 PST 2009

Paul,

Now it's starting to click...

A query over 400,000 points w/o dwithin took 972 seconds. A query over
400,000 points w/ dwithin(25000) took 111 seconds. Nice!

Sounds like I need to think about my scenario for a bit and figure out
if I can strike a balance between dwithin tolerance and query
execution time.

Really appreciate your help and patience with me,
Sky