[postgis-users] select point in linestring

searchelite searchelite at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:45:41 PST 2009

Dear All, I have a linestring that constructed from many points, my question
is how can i identify(select) one of the point from the linestring. I know
there is ST_POINTN(geometry,integer) that Return the N’th point in the first
linestring in the geometry. But with ST_POINTN, i have to know the number of
the points in order to return the geometry of the points. is there any other
function beside ST_POINTN that can return point geometry without have to
know the index number of the points?

I hope all of you can understand my question..thank you in advance