[postgis-users] Windows binaries for PostGIS 1.4RC1 forPostgreSQL 8.3 and 8.4

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jul 2 22:03:37 PDT 2009

Steffen,
Not even that far along.  I got stuck at the gtk dependency.  Keeps
complaining about missing cairo_pdf.h even though I compiled cairo with pdf
enabled.  I tried using pre-built binaries of this but htat didn't help the
situation.

I read somewhere this could be an issue with mingw but the hack of creating
my own pkg-config wrapper script didn't work or perhaps I did it wrong.

http://lists-archives.org/gtk-devel/05443-gtk-configure-can-t-find-cairo-pdf
.html

Anyrate we are in the middle of building a new mingw environment using
virtual box and als other environments for testing it out all these things.

But if any body wants to take a stab at this, I would be very greatful.  Now
that PgAdmin III has this plug-ins features which is pretty simple to hook
into, I was hoping to have shp2gui hang off of that.

I have some people I know who get paralyzed at the thought of having to go
to a command-line and expect to have everything available from the SQL
Management screen, so this will make their lives a little easier.

Thanks,
Regina