[postgis-users] Polygon and Multipolygon distinguished by field type constraint - call for a generic AnyPoly type

Ben Harper rogojin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:31:58 PDT 2009

The reason I don't want to use a GEOMETRY type is because the rest of
my application stack is built to work with Shapefile-style homogeneous
geometry fields.
The alteration of the constraint, with Ralf suggested, works fine for
my purposes. It's not particularly interoperable, but that is fine for
me right now. I guess it is actually equivalent to creating the field
with a GEOMETRY type, and then simply altering the geometry_columns
table so that it is 'POLYGON', or whatever the case may be.

Ben