[postgis-users] Database design problem

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jul 6 12:21:41 PDT 2009

Lisa,

>From what you are saying, it sounds like your tree is balanced, so why can't
you relate at each level?  Basically forget you've got an inheritance going
(it actually isn't relevant if you have a balanced tree) and treat them as
you would treat any other 2 sets of tables.

If you were trying to relate say surveytype with surveyobs then you would
have problems.

Or ah you asking how to automate the foreign key primary key relationships?

Leo

  _____