[postgis-users] upgrading postgis to 1.3.5 or higher on ubuntu jaunty

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 11:13:13 PDT 2009

Does anybody here have experience upgrading postgis to version 1.3.5 or higher on ubuntu jaunty?

It appears that there is a package built for karmic, not for jaunty:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postgis

I am very new to ubuntu (and postgis), so I apologize if this is a pretty basic question, and if folks can point me to any kind of starter documentation, or just help me understand the high level options on how to do this, I'd be grateful.

(The context here is that we are running a GeoDjango instance on slicehost, and we need postgis to support the _st_dwithin function.)

Thanks in advance,

Steve