[postgis-users] WKT differs in PostGIS and Geos

Maxime van Noppen maxime at altribe.org
Sat Jul 11 05:35:11 PDT 2009

Hello,

I've got a strange issue. When I print a polygon from PostGIS (v1.3.6)
thanks to the AsText() function I get a different result than if I read
the WKB into a geos (v3.1.0 and v3.1.1) geometry object and than write
it with geos::io::WKTWriter.

When asking PostGIS to check the geometry's validity (via ST_IsValid) it
says it is valid whereas Geos says it isn't (via the
geos::geom::Geometry::isValid function).

I've attached a text file containing the WKB geometry as it appears in
the database, the WKT given by AsText and the WKT given by geos.

Thank you for your help !

--
Maxime