[postgis-users] How install postgis 1.2.1 with PostgreSQL 7.3.7 ?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 01:54:03 PDT 2009

juapabsan at tutopia.com wrote:

>  Good day
>

> I would appreciate some guidance to install poistgis with
> postgreSQL7.3.7, I generate an error when configuring
>
> . / configure - with-psql = yes or. / configure - with-pgsql = / usr /
> local / pgsql / include
>
> configure and modify or edit PGCONFIG = / usr / local / pgsql / include
> / pg_confg.h
>
>   I am missing? be doing wrong?

May I ask why you are installing version 1.2.1? There are a large number
of bugs which have been fixed since 1.3.6, and so any support you
receive from these mailing lists will always start with "upgrade to
1.3.6 minimum". Similarly PostgreSQL 7.3 is no longer supported even by
the core PostgreSQL team, and 7.3.7 which is missing a long list of bug
fixes (I think 7.3.21 was the latest?)

In short, you really need to think carefully about why you are
installing obsolete versions of everything.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk