[postgis-users] FOSS4G Abstracts announced + Early Bird registration looming

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Jul 25 21:35:21 PDT 2009

Hey everyone, the FOSS4G 2009 program has been selected, and the early
bird registration deadline is coming up fast! I hope to see you all
there (I'm going!)  There will be lots of PostGIS content, and a great
opportunity to learn and make connections. The official announcement
follows. Paul.

== Abstracts Announced ==

A comprehensive list of presentations has been announced for the
international Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference,
in Sydney, Australia, 20-23 October 2009.

For the full list of quality abstracts, view:
http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/

Community participation in the abstract selection was impressive, with
over 150 community members selecting 85 general track abstracts from
the 183 submitted and a further 12 academic abstracts selected by 52
academic peers.

== Early Bird Registration ==

After getting inspired from the breadth of abstracts, be sure to
register for the FOSS4G conference. Early Bird registration closes in
just over two weeks, on 7 August, 2009.
http://2009.foss4g.org/registration/
Upcoming milestones

- 7 Aug 2009, Early bird registration deadline
- 14 Sep 2009, Completed program available
- 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
- 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint