[postgis-users] PostGIS synchronization between two computers

Michael Ewald m.gis at mac.com
Mon Jul 27 12:23:15 PDT 2009

I'm gearing up for research project and using a netbook for fieldwork.
I want to be able to move my postgis databases between my office
computer and the field netbook and back again after adding data. I
tried doing a pg_dump on the database and restoring on the netbook or
vise versa but the tables contain references to filepaths that don't
exist on the netbook (i.e. /opt/local/lib/postgresql83//liblwgeom)
creating a failure. My basic setup is pgsql and postgis installed via
MacPorts on OS X and postgis installed via apt-get under Ubuntu (for
the netbook).

Has anyone developed a tool to sync? Anyone have any ideas on how I
could accomplish this sync without copying each row using python?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Michael