[postgis-users] Moving to SpatiaLite: best practice

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 12:43:52 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm doing some very simple PostGIS-related work: I store data in a table,
and from time to time, I do simple stuff with the stored data, sometimes
even actually using the geometry column!!! Anyway, PostGIS has been very
useful so far, but I now have to move away from my work computer, and I
would like to keep on working with my laptop. One way would be to install
PostGIS on my laptop, but I am also thinking of giving my program to other
people, who might not necessarily need or want to install PostGIS. To this
end, spatialite is very handy. It's just a file, and I can use the same
PostGIS stuff I've been using up to now. However, I need to move my tables
to SpatialLite. In essence, I do have a number of tables, most of which
relate a field to a geographical table. It should be trivial to dump schema
and SQL and run it pass sqlite/spatialite. I was just wondering whether
anyone had any recommendations or ideas on "best practice".

Thanks!
Jose