[postgis-users] Moving to SpatiaLite: best practice

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Sun Jun 14 05:43:43 PDT 2009

On 14/06/2009 04:28, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> It would be nice if OGR2OGR supports this.  I assume that is in the
> works, but I think it only supports SQLite not SpatiaLite yet.

This should be supported in GDAL 1.7 release and is included in the
current development version. Compiling the GDAL svn trunk with support
for spatialite (on Unix with adding something like
--with-spatialite=/usr/local to the configure call) adds this
functionality. Export is done like

ogr2ogr -f "SQLite" -dsco "SPATIALITE=yes" ...

Armin