[postgis-users] Open buffers or parallel lines

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 17 05:31:45 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 01:26:50PM +0200, iirc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Regina and Strk for your ideas.
>
> Yes, the single-sided buffers would probably solve my problem.
>
> Any predictions on why this patch will make it into the Postgis trunk? I
> assume it won't be possible for Postgis 1.4.0, but maybe for 1.4.1?
>
> Another requirement I have is getting full buffers around linestrings
> that would also offer the butt and square linecaps instead of just round
> linecaps.

Offset curves are planned to get out with GEOS-3.2.0 around mid July.
Butt and square linecaps are already implemented in geos-trunk.

Both will need C-API exposure *and* postgis side of things to get
into SQL. Those parts are not in the works. Patches or fundings
are welcome.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!