[postgis-users] Postgis Tools

Mauricio de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:46:23 PDT 2009

As I've experienced some problems rewriting the same SQL many times and
giving away my SQL queries to people who doesn't understand SQL, I've
decide to write a python software to store sql queries so that the user
could set some parameters that would be shown in a window and the
results posted on a textBox. I wrote the program with PyQt4 and set it
as a plugin in QGis. Of course the program can be removed from qgis
anytime, just using a dialog to see the tools.

The product consists of 2 programs. The Tools Editor and the python code
to run the tools. The tools are stored in a xml that holds the tool
name, the query and the parameters. When the tool is ran from qgis'
plugin menu, it generates a gui for the parameters to be entered and
hides the query from the user, therefore creating a tool from an sql
query.

Is anyone interested in testing it? It's available in qgis' python
plugin user contributed repository as Postgis Tools.
Maurício de Paulo