[postgis-users] Unable to build WKT Raster

Gilles Bassière gilles.bassiere at makina-corpus.com
Mon Nov 2 15:08:11 PST 2009

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> PGXS makes use of the DESTDIR variable for installation, so for a
> relocated install all you need to do is:
>
> ./configure
> make DESTDIR=/path/to/output install

Thanks a lot, that information I was missing. PostGIS build just fine now.

When loading PostGIS however I got error because Postgres was not able
to find $libdir/postgis-1.4. Is it caused by forcing custom installation
path at install level?

Since I'm simply setting this up to try out wkt raster, I went for the
quick and dirty way: replacing $libdir by the absolute path to
postgis-1.4.so.

Regards

--
Gilles Bassière - MAKINA CORPUS