[postgis-users] Configure failure on Ubuntu 9.10

Paul Hastings paul.hastings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 07:49:00 PST 2009

Chris Hill wrote:

> I have installed Postgres 8.4.1, Proj4 and GEOS librarys on Ubuntu
> 9.10 yet when I attempt to ./configure Postgres 1.4.0 I receive this
> error:

just piling on...

seeing something similar w/same setup (9.10 server, postgres 8.4.1 & trying to
install postGIS 1.4) though getting "error: the PGXS Makefile
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk cannot be found. Please
install the PostgreSQL server development packages and re-run configure." instead.

is there a detailed list of the postgreSQL requirements postGIS needs that a
relative linux newbie can understand?

thanks.