[postgis-users] How to Get a coordinates from a Geometry field?

Matias Massigoge mmassigoge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:10:00 PST 2009

Ivan,

Depends on what kind of geometry you are storing (Point, Line, Polygon, etc.).

You have a lot of function to access geom data. Check the manual:

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.3/ch06.html#id2575402

Good luck

Matías

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Ivan Caballero Cano
<elmadrehado at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Good Day!
>
>   Excuseme by my wrong English.
>
>    I want to know how to get a coordinates of a spatial field postgis in a
> PostGreSQL table, in other words I have a table with a geometry field named
> "the_geom"
> and I want to get the coordinates by a SQL consult.
>
>  Select *, coordinateY, CoordinateX from table where "somethin"
>
> Can you get some orientation about this??
>
> Thanks

Lic. Matías Massigoge
Cel: 54-11-62047686
www.agerpro.com.ar