[postgis-users] Why can't PostGIS ./configure find libgeos_c ??

strk strk at keybit.net
Tue Nov 17 06:07:17 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 04:08:55AM -0800, kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm compiling PostGIS with the following command:
> ./configure --with-pgconfig=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config --with-geosconfig=/usr/local/bin/geos-config
>
> Yet I keep getting this error message:
> configure: error: could not find libgeos_c - you may need to specify the directory of a geos-config file using --with-geosconfig

I might be outdated here, but the message seems clearly stating you're
supposed to pass it a directory, not a file.
Lame, but most likely that's your problem.
Try using: --with-geosconfig=/usr/local/bin

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!