[postgis-users] St_LineToCurve error, geometry requires more points

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 03:41:41 PST 2009

Davide Ticozzi wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm encured in a very strange issue.
>

> This select give me an "geometry requires more points" error for a
> specific geometry:
> select st_linetocurve(the_geom) from covers where id_cover=2787;
>
> but not this:
> select st_linetocurve(geomfromtext(astext(the_geom))) from covers where
> id_cover=2787;
>
> Why?

Hi Davide,

Possibly its due to a rounding error introduced from the conversion from
binary to text and back to binary again? I haven't time to look at this
at the moment, however you can get some good debug information out of
PostGIS 1.4 if you wish to trace through it yourself.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk