[postgis-users] Compiling PostGIS 1.4.0 release on Solaris 10

Nathan Widmyer lighthousej at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 08:10:44 PST 2009

When I'm running "make check", the first unit tests run but the tests
against the DB doesn't run.

The line with the error says:

psql:postgis.sql:52: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.4": No
such file or directory

Looking on another installation, the $libdir is filled out as Pg's lib
directory.

I did compile this before and have a working, but older, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
server which *does* still have "$libdir/postgis-1.4" in the same place in
the postgis.sql file I use all the time.

Perhaps I'm missing doing something?  The older instructions were lost on
how I used to get it to work, but now I'm trying to automate this better now
with a better documented approach.
Also, I find myself having to manually start the DB instead of the tests
perhaps starting them for me.  Also, the tests don't drop the old db if it
already exists (from a failed run).

Thanks,
Nate