[postgis-users] merging linestrings between roadcrossings

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Nov 30 23:41:26 PST 2009

Hallo

I have a quite big dataset (approx 1.2 mill rows) with roads. What I would like to to is merging all linestrings between crossings so I get one linestring between two crossings or between a crossing and the end of the road. Now there can be many small parts cut by a bridge or some border. For quality I also have to check so no linestrings are just passing a crossing too, but that is secondary because I don't think that is a problem with this dataset.

A while ago I saw a solution on this list which included merging all and dumping, but I think that will be a little heavy in this case.

I have been struggling some with recursive queries but I haven't found the way.
How to do it?

Thanks
/Nicklas