[postgis-users] Install postgis on a different schema

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Oct 3 15:38:31 PDT 2009

Andrea,
The hardcoding in postgis.sql (I assume you mean the populate...) was a
mistake that we are planning to fix in a (micro or rminor release).  You can
fix it in your copy if you want.  Generally speaking I tend to follow
Stephen's approach because the installing postgis in a non-public schema is
not as tried and tested.

I'm not even sure if there are any assumptions embedded in products that
support postgis we don't know that assume postgis is in public.

Aside from that -- there isn't any problem with that as long as you add the
postgis schema to your database search_path.

Hope that helps,
Regina

  _____