[postgis-users] Live access to PostGIS from MapInfo

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Oct 5 11:31:05 PDT 2009

Hi Rob,

I have not used Postgis with Mapinfo, but it sounds like it could be a permissions problem, or you did not run the spatial_ref_sys.sql file.

I'm making this guess as the error states that Mapinfo can't translate the spatial constraint, which is likely to mean unable to access the spatial_ref_sys table.

Just like you ran the postgis.sql file to install Postgis in your db, you need to run spatial_ref_sys.sql to create & populate the table with projection info.

If you have, or this doesn't fix the problem, it may be unable to access the table, even though it exists.

To remedy this, in your Postgis database, try running the SQL:

grant select on spatial_ref_sys to public;

This gives all users read access to the spatial_ref_sys table.

HTH,

  Brent Wood