[postgis-users] Live access to PostGIS from MapInfo

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:08:27 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Rob Marjot <rob at marjot-multisoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob(ert)!
> Good idea! (but no luck)
> It shows that it fetches some records from the table -- surprisingly this is
> not a spatial query based on the bounding box of the initial view as it is
> recorded in the mapinfo_mapcatalog table. Then, after fetching some 50
> records (out of 560), the last query is the following:
> select c.relhasrules, c.relkind, c.relhasoids from pg_catalog.pg_namespace
> u, pg_catalog.pg_class c
>   where u.oid = c.relnamespace and c.relname = E'dummy_table' and u.nspname
> = E'public'

You might try with a different, maybe simpler, table. This might help
you determine if you have a fundamental problem in your setup, or if
maybe the 51st row in your table has an object that is causing
problems. In MapInfo, I'd select the centroids, and attribute data
from your table, and then load it into PostGIS, and then try your live
connection. That way you're working with only point objects, but still
working in the same coordinate system.

Good luck, keep us posted.
--
Richard Greenwood