[postgis-users] Issue in getting Dijkstra result

Supunmali Ahangama supunmali7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:25:03 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am doing an application to find the optimal path using Dijkstra function
in pgrouting. I created the topology for the road data. It didnt give any
exception and did work fine when i did it through pgAdmin111 (create source
node, target node for each edge and vertices_tmp).

But when i did run the

            DROP TABLE IF EXISTS dijsktra_result;

CREATE TABLE dijsktra_result(gid int4) with oids;

SELECT AddGeometryColumn('dijsktra_result', 'the_geom', '-1', 'LINESTRING',
2);

INSERT INTO dijsktra_result(the_geom)

            SELECT the_geom FROM dijkstra_sp('edgesnew', 1, 14);

This runs (without any error), but it don't affect any rows. There is
nothing in the created table dijsktra_result.

What should I need to do get the results?