[postgis-users] How to Spatialize DB on PostGIS?

Endah Kristi kristye_e at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 19:03:48 PDT 2009

Hi Richard,

I’ve never attempted to “spatialize” my db before using Easy Loader (because I don’t know how to do that, hehe).

I don’t have constraints on my table. I’m using PostGIS-pg83-1.3.6-1 and PostgreSQL v8.3.7-1.

I’ve asked this to PBBI APAC Sydney, and Jesse Hoobler and engineering team told that this problem appeared because I’m not hitting the spatialized database, database has to be spatialized one. They told this is outside of MapInfo domain. So I thought I should do something in PostGIS. I’ll try to ask on the MapInfo-L, I don’t join yet.

A long time ago, I’ve found the same problem on MapInfo Spatialware, the polygon & polyline can’t be uploaded properly into SQL Server before it’s spatialized. Then I run a script to spatialize that on SQL Server, and I was able to upload them properly. So I thought that PostGIS is the same problem, but if I’m wrong, maybe any advice for me?

Kristi