[postgis-users] St_within problem

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 19 09:13:27 PDT 2009

I have tried it with the point and  geometry reversed with the same result.

Perhaps, I am not looking at this the right way.

According to the manual

st_within Returns TRUE if geometry A  (points) is completely inside geometry
B ( geometry).

If it scans the list of 858 points some of those points are within the
geometry - unless Postgis is looking at the 858 points as one entity.

Bob